A collision often off puts a car’s center of gravity. As a result, it makes the car roll over the road inflicting injury to the passengers, including internal injuries, bone fractures, brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and even deaths.
Suppose you or your loved one has undergone a Rollover Accident in St Petersburg due to someone else’s mistake. In that case, our St Petersburg rollover accident lawyer on your behalf proffers legal aid to try to gain the maximum compensation, whether it’s an expensive medical bill or your lost wages.
So, whenever you face such an accident, here are a few things you must keep in mind to get recovery from an accident financially and physically.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
- Speeding: Speeding is the major concern of drivers. They usually don’t follow the speed limits while driving. Uncontrolled speed leads drivers to get involved in high-speed collisions, ending up in a rollover accidents.
- Sharp Turns: Drivers sometimes can’t control the vehicle on sharp turns. Due to the speed issues, they had to suffer rollover accidents. The vehicle goes down, rolling over and over.
- Drugs or Alcohol Intake: Drug and alcohol intake while driving causes drowsiness in the drivers. Sometimes this drowsiness causes sleepiness in the driver, contributing to a rollover accident.
- Distractions: Family, friends, or cell phones can also create distractions among the drivers. These distractions are also among the causes of rollover accidents.
- Timely Vehicle Servicing: The drivers generally don’t pay attention to the regular servicing. Tire bursts and other things also contribute to causing rollover accidents.
Some Injuries Caused by Rollover Accidents
- Brain Injuries: When the car slides and rolls upside down, a hit on the passenger’s head creates a high risk of traumatic brain injuries. These injuries cause damage to brain nerves and tissues. From memory loss to coma, the sufferer faces many complications. Moreover, a sufferer can go through an array of brain injury risks that might lead to life loss.
- Neck or Spinal Cord Injuries: During the rollover, your neck and spine are unrestrained at that particular moment, creating a jerk during the crash. Severe neck or spine injuries might happen to the passenger. The rapid movement can create problems in the ligaments and nerves, leading to the neck or spinal cord injuries, making one bedridden for a lifetime.
- Bone Fractures: Certain jerks during a vehicle crash can break several bones in the body. The rollover accident has to experience fractures in the legs, arms, feet, and ribs. Rollover accidents can even cut an individual’s arteries in some traumatic cases.
- Permanent Disability: Some permanent disabilities include losing an arm, hand, leg, or others. Permanent disabilities sometimes create lifelong complications in an individual. Permanent disabilities not only create physical pain in an individual, but it directly or indirectly causes a devastating effect on the mental illness.
- Loss of Life: Some illnesses are caused due to the internal bleeding of certain organs. These types of internal injuries, along with other types of injuries, even cause the death of an individual.
What To Do When You End Up with Rollover Accidents
- Be Calm & Check Injuries: Your situation might panic as soon as you have met with a rollover accident. Stay calm and check yourself out first. Determine the injuries and see if you and others are safe or not. Then call the emergency numbers of the police and the ambulance as soon as possible.
- Seek Medical Aids: As soon as you recognize the injuries, whether they’re major or minor, get medical aid from professionals.
- Inform the Authorities: As soon as you encounter an accident, inform your law attorney and the insurance company. There might be certain medical bills and lost incomes for the ones who are the only earners in the family. Your attorney will collect all the scenes and ask the insurance companies to give maximum compensation.
- Avoid Quick Settlements: An accident directly or indirectly hampers your physical and mental health. The insurers ask you for immediate settlement. Before going for any settlement, consult your law attorney. Your attorney will do their best to get the maximum compensation for you. Without worrying, don’t do anything in a hurry.
- Get Your Vehicle Fixed: The law attorney recreates the scenes to gather important information. They do everything on your behalf to deliver the maximum compensation from the insurance companies. So, once they analyze your case, stay calm and give your vehicle to get fixed.
- Be with a Good Support System: There might be an emotional and physical loss to someone who suffers a rollover accident. You may heal your physical pain, but it takes years to heal the mental trauma. Be with the people who support you in your thick and thin. It will give you emotional support.
Compensations Recovery When You End Up with Rollover Accidents: Rollover Accident in St Petersburg
Rollover accidents are the deadliest and lead to various serious complications for the sufferers. It affects the sufferers in many ways. Sufferers struggle to pay their medical bills, vehicle repairs, or physical and mental pain.
Attorneys help an individual to figure out the compensation and work on your behalf, from filing the claims to recovering compensations. Here are a few compensations you can claim if you suffer from a rollover accident.
- Medical Expenses: A rollover accident results in multiple injuries to an individual. These injuries include cuts, fractures, disabilities, and lacerations. It may require surgeries, follow-ups, specialist appointments, and medications. So, the sufferer has to deal with the hospitalization charges, medical expenses, and more related to recovery. A St Petersburg rollover accident lawyer can help you claim the medical bill compensations and provide the benefits.
- Financial Hit: Some sufferers are the only earners of the family, which creates a massive financial hit on one’s family. It can create financial losses in the very long term. Even if you return to work after a long time, you have to go for regular checkups, which may take longer for recovery.
Some Safety Tips to Avoid Rollover Accidents?
1. Follow Defensive Driving
Follow the road instructions carefully and follow defensive driving. Defensive driving helps you recognize the risks involved in driving. It prepares the drivers to take well-informed risks instantly on the road.
2. Make Sure that Your Vehicle is up to Date
Before your journey, ensure your tires and other vehicle machinery are serviced. Check out whether your tires are underinflated or worn. If so, then change the tires. It will help you prevent the happenings that might happen and cause rollover accidents.
3. Postpone Driving in Unfavorable Weather Conditions
Avoid driving in foggy and rainy weather. Many accidents happen when you drive in unfavorable weather conditions. Therefore, avoid driving your vehicles in unfavorable weather because it can save you from traumatic injuries.
4. Be Extra Cautious
Don’t overspend in the areas that have deep holes or steep roads. Follow the traffic rules and be extra cautious while driving in such areas. A small negligence can create a problem for you and might lead to an accident.
5. Never Drive After Consuming Alcohol
Never consume alcohol while driving your vehicle. The drowsiness might cause you to sleep while driving and cause a road accident. In addition, drinking and driving impairs the driver and can cause them to drive recklessly. So, never consume alcohol while driving. Severe accidents can even make you lose your life.
Contact the Coleman Law Group
Call a St Petersburg rollover accident lawyer at the Coleman Law Group if you ever suffer from a rollover accident. We will be here to help you through the challenging process.
2901 1st Ave. N. St. Petersburg, FL 33713