Have you ever been in a hit-and-run injury case? Do you want compensation for your injuries? Well, you should hire a hit and run attorney!
The party responsible should pay compensation if you have been injured in an accident because of another person’s carelessness. Therefore, injured parties should hire an experienced attorney as they can help you get your compensation. In addition, they know the law and can build up a strong case against the lawyers.
If you’re still not sure whether hiring an experienced attorney is the right choice or not, keep on reading to find out all about hit-and-run injury cases. Plus, learn how an experienced attorney can ensure a fast settlement of your hit-and-run injury case.
First, let’s dig deeper into what hit-and-run accidents are.
Hit-and-run accidents are one of the most occurring accidents in the world. They occur when more than one motorist is involved in a collision. Afterward, the driver responsible for the crash flees the scene.
Because you could or might have to deal with another party and their insurance company, hit-and-run accidents can be more complicated than other types of motor vehicle collisions. Your battle may be with your insurance provider if the other driver cannot be located.
Types of Hit-and-Run Accidents
You may be involved in one of three different types of hit-and-run accidents.
- A hit-and-run incident in which only material harm is sustained: In this case, nobody was hurt. You might not have been in the car when the collision occurred. This hit-and-run event is the least serious and frequently occurs in parking lots and in minor traffic collisions.
- A hit-and-run incident that resulted in property damage and injuries: In this instance, the damage wasn’t limited to your car. You, your companion, or a pedestrian were hurt in the collision, slightly or significantly.
- A hit-and-run death: The worst kind of hit-and-run accident results in death. If the authorities identify and apprehend the hit-and-run motorist in this case, they could face a lengthy prison sentence.
As a victim, you are qualified for damages for each of the three categories of mishaps. The severity of the sanctions for the responsible hit-and-run motorist might vary by state.
Hit-and-Run Accidents Statics
Hit-and-run incidents frequently include rear-end collisions with other vehicles or auto-pedestrian incidents. Because their automobile has not incurred significant damage and the driver is not seriously hurt, it is frequently simpler for the driver who caused the collision to flee the scene in these situations.
In Florida, I-4 is a particularly popular route for hit-and-runs. On the Veterans Expressway, cars are more likely to flee the incident because there is frequently room for them to do so and a high-speed limit, as opposed to on tiny intercity streets where traffic and stop lights could make it difficult for a motorist to flee.
- Every minute, a hit-and-run accident occurs in the United States.
- There were 737,100 documented hit-and-run accidents in only 2015 alone (nearly 12 percent of total crashes that year).
- 2016 saw 2,049 hit-and-run fatalities, which is a record-high number.
- Nearly 20% of all pedestrian fatalities during the previous ten years were due to hit-and-run accidents.
- Pedestrians or cyclists made for 65 percent of those killed in hit-and-run accidents, compared to just 1 percent of those who were drivers.
- Pedestrian hit-and-run accidents are more likely to happen between midnight and four in the morning (when suspects are more likely to flee unnoticed), on roads with lower speed limits, and in regions with high foot traffic.
An Experienced Attorney Knows Your State’s Laws When It Comes to Hit-and-Run Injury Cases
You could feel anxious about handling your case after being hurt in a hit-and-run accident. Maybe you followed all the rules, but the cops couldn’t find the other motorist. The police may have identified the other driver in the hit-and-run, but they lack insurance.
These factors make hit-and-run incidents more challenging to handle on your own. However, a hit-and-run lawyer in Tampa is experienced in handling similar situations and knows what to do first to secure compensation for vehicle repair damage and cover medical bills.
How Hit and Run Attorney Tampa Can Help You?
From thousands of hit-and-run cases, only a few of them go to trial. Instead, most injury cases are settled before they go in front of a jury. Hence, when you are trying to get fair compensation, how you negotiate your settlement is crucial.
A hit-and-run attorney can negotiate the best way to get fair compensation on your behalf. Here’s how an attorney can ensure that you’re getting fast and fair compensation:
The other driver’s insurance company will ask you to provide a statement after a collision. You can also be required to provide a statement to law enforcement agents. Your chances of receiving compensation could be ruined if you make a false statement. In addition, the insurance company will use that remark against you in court. To avoid paying the settlement, the corporation will take this action.
Unless you consult an experienced hit-and-run lawyer in Tampa, you might not realize the significance of a statement. Insurance companies will likely ask challenging inquiries, and you risk giving a misleading response on the record.
If you’re at fault, you can end up losing the compensation. A hit-and-run lawyer will go over your claim with you. Additionally, they will help you gather proof. You’ll not only be more prepared, but you’ll also have a better chance of receiving compensation.
Determining The Amount of Compensation
An experienced attorney will help the injured person determine the compensation amount they are entitled to. The amount of compensation depends on factors like the type of accident and the course of the medical treatment process.
Look for all Damages
After a hit-and-run, you’re probably dealing with various issues for which the law might assess damages. Lawyers know how to calculate damages for a personal injury lawsuit precisely.
An attorney can calculate your damages to devise a reliable financial amount that will adequately repay you for your suffering. In addition, your attorney might be able to demand money to pay for medical expenses, future treatments, and equipment.
For future lost wages or pain and suffering, you can receive compensation. You also may want to hire a lawyer if the driver is discovered since you might be entitled to additional punitive damages because of the driver’s malice.
Get You a Fast and Fair Settlement
Today, the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court. For many hit-and-run incidents, this is true. However, it isn’t easy to bargain with an insurance provider, a lawyer, or a responsible party. As a result, you might feel forced into making an unjust settlement or into a trap.
An experienced lawyer is aware of the strategies employed in these talks. Your attorney may be able to take a variety of actions to expedite the settlement process and secure for you the just amount you are entitled to.
What To Do After a Hit-and-Run Accidents?
Not only does an attorney can help you with your case, but you also play a big role in making the right case against the party responsible. Here’s what you can do:
- Check for injuries.
- Call the police immediately.
- Try to recall every detail of the accident- vehicle makes, model, color, license plate, etc.
- Before you leave the accident scene, take photos and videos with your camera to use as proof against the party responsible.
- Talk to other drivers or pedestrians who might have witnessed the accident and write down their contact and name for your testimony.
- Consult an experienced hit-and-run lawyer in Tampa.
Contact Your Hit-And-Run Lawyer Tampa Today
For various reasons, it would help if you spoke with a hit-and-run lawyer to support your case. An attorney for hit-and-run accidents will offer you their assistance and legal expertise regarding your situation.
A hit-and-run accident lawyer can assist you in obtaining the financial compensation you are entitled to, including reimbursement for your medical expenses. In addition, your lawyer will acquire the evidence required to build a case on your behalf and will adequately represent you at every turn.
Get in touch with the Coleman Law Group to hire a sympathetic hit-and-run accident lawyer.