Everyone who has been involved in a car accident case would agree that such cases are often complicated and challenging to navigate. This is why experts suggest that you should hire a good car accident lawyer who is qualified and experienced in the field to help you pursue the case.
Of course, having the right attorney by your side will drastically improve your chances of winning a fair settlement for your damages in an accident. And even the U.S Department of Justice has recognized the important roles that lawyers play in helping to win legal cases for their clients. But then, you should know that this can only work for you when you employ the right auto accident attorney for your case.
Perhaps, you are already wondering how to find the right car accident lawyer for your case. Well, the good news is that you do not have to worry anymore! We will teach you how to find the right attorney by asking them specific pertinent questions. So, read until the end if you want to discover these questions.
Why do You Need an Auto Accident Attorney for Your Case?
It goes without saying that personal injury lawyers are crucial to your car accident claim. However, some people still need to be sold on why they need these attorneys for their cases. Perhaps you are one of these people. In that case, here are some reasons that will convince you:
- They help you analyze the case and devise the best strategy to win. You should know that cases in the legal industry are often treated differently according to their unique details and situations. This means that what is obtainable for one case might not be relevant in another. Also, the legal strategy that works for one might not work for the other. So, you need an experienced attorney to help analyze your case in its isolated uniqueness. This is so they can develop specific strategies that will work for it.
- They help to handle negotiations with insurance companies. It is also essential to note that insurance companies are often unwilling to pay your deserved compensation. So, they will often explore all legal windows allowing them to pay you less. If you are less informed and experienced, you might think their offer is the best you can get.
But then, car accident lawyers are specially trained for such negotiations. Plus, they have probably handled such cases in the past. This means they have the knowledge and experience to know when an insurance company is not offering your deserved settlement. They also know effective ways to navigate the negotiations and get the adequate settlement you deserve.
- They will represent you in court if the case goes to trial. There are times when negotiations with insurance companies will hit a wall. This often happens because the company is looking out for its best interest, and you are negotiating to get the best settlement. Of course, paying you the complete deserved settlement will not be in the company’s best interest. And as mentioned earlier, insurance companies always try to exploit all legal windows that will allow them to avoid this.
This means that there is bound to be conflict at some point in the negotiations. And, if both parties cannot sort out the issues and settle the conflict, then the case might as well be headed for trial. Indeed, not everyone can make a good case and win their deserved settlement in court.
But then, having a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer by your side can make all the difference and boost your chances of winning the case. This is because such attorneys are specially trained and know how to navigate court proceedings for the best possible outcomes. So, one of the reasons you need an attorney for your car accident case is that they can represent you in court when the case goes to trial.
- They will continue to provide support even after the case is won. Most people think that their contract with a car accident lawyer is supposed to end after they have won their claim. But then, the truth is that there are still a few necessary things you should do, even after you have won your accident claim. Not to worry, though, a good attorney should be able to provide all the support you need to finalize the procedures at this point.
For instance, your auto accident attorney should arrange to collect your settlement from the at-fault party after winning the case. To do this, they often have to communicate with the insurance company to get your payment. They may also have to file a post-trial motion for this purpose.
Indeed, there are many other reasons why you should hire a car accident lawyer for your case. We have only highlighted some of the top ones among them.
Top Essential Questions to Ask Your Car Accident Lawyer Before Hiring
Here are some of the questions you should ask a lawyer before finalizing the hiring process:
- Ask About the Type of Law they Practice and if they Have Handled Cases Similar to Yours
When interacting with a car accident lawyer before hiring, this should be one of your first questions. The answer they give you will help you to know whether they are specialists or generalists. You should know that the legal industry is vast, and many branches and sub-niches exist. For instance, we have the accident laws niche in the legal industry, and then there is also the car accident sub-niche under it.
You should also know that one lawyer can not know it all. Instead, lawyers often specialize in specific niches of the law for more effectiveness and better results. So, it would be best if you always went for a lawyer who is specialized in handling car accidents and personal injury cases.
You should also ask the lawyer if they have handled any case similar to yours in the past. Perhaps they have handled such cases. If so, it means that they have gotten experience in the specific case and they are familiar with the processes. You should also confirm how the cases they have handled turned out.
- Ask About their Area of Practice
Another essential question to ask a car accident lawyer before hiring should be about their area of practice. This is because various areas often have different traffic laws and regulations according to their roads’ uniqueness and traffic situations. It also means that the laws in one state might not be obtainable in another. So, accident cases might not be considered or decided with same parameters in the two states. Instead, they are often considered in line with the unique traffic laws that are obtainable in that area.
Before hiring a car accident lawyer for your case, you should ask them about their area of practice and confirm that they are conversant with accident laws in your state. For instance, if you got into a car accident in Tampa, you want to hire a Tampa car accident lawyer for your case.
- Ask about how much they charge
Of course, you should have a budget for how much you want to spend on your accident case, and you want to be sure that your lawyer’s charges fall within the budget. So, ask them about their charges before going ahead to hire them. You also want to ask and confirm what payment plan the lawyer operates.
Most personal injury lawyers operate the contingency payment plan. With this plan, you don’t have to make any payment until you recover some form of settlement from the case. However, they will take a specific percentage of the settlement fee when it arrives. So, you want to ask them what percentage they will take from your settlement before hiring.
- Ask if they Will Represent You if the case goes to Trial
As mentioned earlier, there are times when negotiations with insurance companies would hit a wall, and it becomes necessary to go to trials. In such cases, your lawyer should be able to step up and present a convincing case before the judge to win your deserved settlement.
So, it is crucial to ask the lawyer about their willingness and capacity to represent you in court before hiring.
We have established that the quality of the car accident lawyer you hire for your accident claim can affect the case’s outcome. This is why you should always strive to get the right lawyer. This article has discussed some information that will help you make the decision.
Perhaps, you are still wondering how to get a suitable lawyer for your car accident claim. In that case, you should contact us at Coleman Law Group now. Rest assured that our team of experts has all it takes to help you maximize the claim.