Concerts, public places, bars, nightclubs, residential and commercial areas, college campuses, and condominiums should keep the premises safe for visitors and others. Unfortunately, the recklessness and negligent behavior of the security guards and property owners disturbingly result in physical assaults and injuries. Ultimately giving suffering, pain, and lost income from the missed work for the victim’s recovery time.
Any victim is eligible to receive compensation for losses if an attack is caused due to the improper oversight and supervision of the authorities. The compensations can also cover medical bills, emotional trauma, and lost wages.
Call a lawyer to handle your negligent security case if any property owner refuses to pay compensation. A negligent security lawyer with extensive experience evaluates the case and acts correctly to maximize the claims’ value.
Where do Negligent Security Situations Happen?
The liabilities for negligent security are not limited to a particular location. It can occur at any place, including:
- Shopping Centers and Malls
- Restaurants and Hotels
- Bars and Nightclubs
- Commercial Places and Offices
- Concert Halls and Conference Centers
- Government Properties
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- Schools and Universities
- Parking lots and Garages
Security Lapses That Can Lead to Negligent Security Cases?
A small mistake ignored by the authorities can turn out to be a disastrous one. Some possible security lapses lead to a negligent security case.
- Lack Of Security Concerns: Improperly secured doors, unpatrolled parking lots, and unmonitored access to any property, if not overlooked, can result in a negligent case accident.
- Unexperienced Staff: The inattentive and unresponsible behavior of the security guards is a security lapse that gives rise to any incident.
- Inadequate or Broken Equipment: Broken security cameras, automatic locks, and doors, when not serviced, can constitute negligence.
- Improper Lightening: Failure of the light systems can give criminals a safe feeling to easily commit any crime. This negligent behavior can lead to a violent altercation.
- Substandard Access Control: A nonfunctional lock on the doors and gate can give unauthorized access to the building, increasing attack risks.
- Non-Functioning Warning Systems: The nonfunctional emergency warning alarms and detectors can be a security threat that increases the risks of attacks.
- Inadequate Monitoring: Inadequate bouncers and personnel at bars and nightclubs increase the risk factor for accidents.
Common Injuries in Negligent Security Cases
A negligent security attack can be traumatic, resulting in various injuries. It can result in simple to severe injuries with several individual complications. The common injuries in negligent security cases are:
- Spine Injury
- Bone Fractures
- Internal Injuries
- Hand and Arm Injuries
- Emotional Trauma
Who Can File a Case for Negligent Security?
Filing a negligent security case is not as easy as it seems. It has various complications associated with it. Talk to an attorney before filing the case. An attorney can bring the case in the lawsuit if you are:
- Injured person of age 18 or above
- Injured person’s spouse
- Injurer’s parent or guardian in case of a minor
Who Can be Sued for Negligent Security Claim?
The facts and circumstances of every case define who can be sued for negligent security claims. The Tampa negligent security lawyer checks the case’s ins and outs to research who owns and manages the property.
In most instances, the property owner is held liable to pay for the compensation, and in some cases, the third involved in managing the property is held liable. So, depending on the case’s uniqueness, it depends on who can be sued for the negligent security claims.
Compensations You Can Recover for the Losses
Any victim may recover compensation for all the damages from the liability. Here are some of the compensations mentioned below that may recover your losses:
Medical Compensations for Current & Future Expenses: Violent incidents caused due to the negligence of the property owners may result in fatal to severe injuries in the individuals. Medical treatments can pile up the medical expenses giving a financial blow to you. To cover such expenses, the lawyers can help you prove the property owner is liable to pay medical compensation. It may include:
- Hospitalization Fees
- Ambulance Charges
- Surgical Cost
- Post Operative Care
- Medication Charges
- Follow Up Charges
Lost Income: The injuries increase the risk of losing your wages for the time you get complete recovery from the injuries. One may easily get compensation for the lost income for the recovering time, including:
Physical and Emotional Pain: The physical pain can go away with the treatments in a few months, but emotional trauma is something that takes years to get recovered from the trauma. It affects the individual’s overall well-being and requires emotional support and psychiatric care to get back to the normal that they may end up in.
- Therapy Charges
- Medication Charges
- PSTD Treatments
Any victim can claim such physical and mental expenses.
In-home Care: The spinal and brain injuries need long in-home care to recover well. It can be permanent for years and may take an individual’s life in severe cases. In addition, if the victim is the only earner of the family, then it can be a financial blow to the family. So, the victim or the family may claim compensation from the property owners for such situations.
Compensations for Punitive Damages: An owner liable in the case has to pay compensation for the punitive damages to the victim. It’s an extra punishment to the owner for their conduct.
What to Do If You Have Been Injured Due to Negligent Security?
Immediately after you suffer injuries, no one understands what to do next after the incident occurs. Therefore, be calm and consider the following after the attack.
- Call the Police Immediately: The negligent security case involves a serious crime. So, call the police as soon as the attack occurs. File a police report and ask for a copy of the incident report from the security officers.
- Get Medical Assistance: Check out for minor and major injuries and get medical assistance from health professionals. The professionals might conduct tests to determine the injuries.
- Gather Evidence: Take photographs of the site and gather the necessary evidence that might help you in the legal proceedings.
- Get the Contact Information of the Eye Witnesses: Gather the contact details of the eyewitnesses present when the incident occurred. It can help you in further legal proceedings to prove the case.
- Do not Sign any Document: The third party might use the statements against you. So, do not make any statement or do not sign any document before consulting the law attorney.
- Do not Admit any Fault: You may not know the case’s outcome, so do not admit any fault before discussing it with your lawyer.
- Contact Negligent Security Lawyers: Contact the negligent security lawyers to avoid unnecessary risks. The attorney advises you with one-of-a-kind legal solutions for every case differently.
How Can an Attorney Help You in a Negligent Security Case?
Being a victim is understandably scary, and you cannot understand what to do next immediately after you suffer injuries. So, an attorney investigates the case and fights for you to claim fair compensation after a traumatic injury.
Analyzes and Evaluate the Case
Lawyers carry out deep investigations to determine the liabilities of the case. It includes:
- Proving negligence of the property owners that they were aware of the safety risks.
- Why were adequate safety measures ignored?
- Proving that the victim got injured due to failed security risks.
The lawyers analyze and evaluate the case to prove that the property owner’s negligence was responsible for leading to injuries. The attorney crafts the best possible steps for your case.
Collects the Relevant Information Necessary for Case
The lawyers on your behalf collect the evidence to provide justice to your case. It includes:
- Police Reports
- Witnesses Statements
- E-Survilliance Investigations
- Medical Bills
This evidence helps in further legal proceedings to prove the property owner liable for the case.
Communicates with Property Owners & Eye Witnesses
The property owners may put the accidental blame on you. Therefore, the lawyers on your behalf communicate with the property owners and eyewitnesses to know the actual happenings.
Negotiates for the Fair Claims
The property owners may put defenses to prove the victims’ mistake for the incident so they don’t have to pay compensation. Then, the law attorney negotiates with the owners to pay fair compensation.
Take Case to Trial
Negligent security lawyers deal with the same cases every day. With necessary laws and regulations, knowledge proves the liabilities of the other side party. It represents you best in the court to attain the fair compensation you are entitled to.
Contact the Coleman Law Group
You can claim compensation for negligence security if you have been injured due to a lack of onsite security and other negligence issues. Hire an attorney and prove the property owner’s negligence, who failed to prevent the dangerous risks at the venue.
At the Coleman Law Group, our negligent security lawyer in Tampa is skilled enough to determine the complexities of the case and fight for you to get compensation for the injuries you are entitled to.
Call the Coleman Law Group for your case evaluation and get a free consultation to protect your best interests in the lawsuit!