Have you recently suffered a taxi accident because of someone else’s negligence? Did you get the claims from the insurance company? It may be awful, but insurance companies do not cooperate and bother much about accident sufferers.
In that case, legal attorneys analyze the case’s ins and outs and assist the sufferers with legal aid. Finally, on behalf of sufferers, the taxi accident lawyer pleads with the insurers to acquire maximum compensation claims.
So, whenever you face such an accident, here are a few things you must keep in mind to get recovery and compensation for an accident.
Common Causes Leading to Taxi Accidents
Many causes turn to taxi accidents or crashes. Some accidents can cause minor injuries, but some can create the loss of life and property of an individual. Here are the common causes describing taxi accidents.
- Aggressive Driving: In a hurry to pick up another ride, the taxi drivers drive, overspeeding the vehicle. Aggressive driving and overspeeding turns out to be the common cause of taxi accidents.
- Unsafe Changing Lanes: To get through the congested traffic, the drivers try to change the roads abruptly, weaving between the lanes. It is the most dangerous thing that can cause an accident.
- Violating Traffic Laws: Running red lights and overspeeding are some of the violations that drivers mostly go through. Violating traffic laws is one of the crimes that cause accidents.
- Intoxication: Alcohol and drug intake while driving is a serious crime. Intoxication can cause drowsiness in an individual, causing car crashes anytime.
What to do When You are Injured as a Taxi Passenger?
If you are injured as a taxi passenger, then there are not many hassles in filing the claims. File a third-party car insurance claim against the faulty in court and wait for the process until you get compensation.
Directions to Follow After the Taxi Accident
- Call For Help: Firstly, check the injured involved in the taxi accident. If anyone is injured, call for medical help first.
- Call the Police: To file a police case against the faulty, call the police to take further action.
- Consult the Legal Team: The law attorney might do the analysis and help you take the right action. The legal team makes sure to file the claims and get maximum outcomes.
- Gather Information: Get the taxi number, taxi driver’s name, and taxi owner’s detailed information. Also, check out the driving license and get a copy of the police report. The detailed information can help the legal team to claim fair compensation.
- Get Information from Witnesses: Gather all the details of the persons who witnessed the taxi accident. It may help if the case is taken to court to prove guilty.
Compensations You Can Recover
It’s the sufferer who understands what pain they go through. The physical pain goes in some time with the medical treatments, but when it comes to the mental pain, it is unbearable. The impact one goes through mental pain is difficult for an individual. Here are a few compensations to recover when one ends an accident.
- Medical Bills: A taxi accident can cause multiple injuries to the individual. It can be multiple fractures and cuts and require surgeries to operate. The sufferer may have to pay the hospitalization charges and other medical expenses. The lawyers assist in getting the full medical payment claims from the insurers.
- Financial Blow: When you encounter a taxi accident, one has to suffer a lot regarding finances. You can’t go to the office and might disturb one’s financial flow. It takes time to get through the financial losses if you are the only earner in the family.
- Funeral Compensations: If one dies in a taxi accident, the family gets the funeral compensations of the deceased. The family can claim compensation.
- Physical & Emotional Pain: The physical pain takes time to heal but gradually goes with treatments. Do you know what pain a sufferer goes through emotionally? No one can ever imagine the emotional trauma one goes through—only emotional support can heal it. Your doctors may suggest other doctors get out of such times.
Safety Tips to Avoid Taxi Accidents
- Be Alert & Aware: While driving, be aware and alert. For example, do not drive if you feel sleepy; try to avoid the narrow roads to avoid taxi risks.
- Follow Defensive Driving: Defensive driving allows the taxi driver to drive safely on the roads. By following the proper traffic rules, one can avoid taxi accident risks.
- Ask Passengers to Wear Seat Belts: You can be saved from accidental injuries if you have worn the seat belt. Equip well before you start any ride.
- Don’t Get Distracted: A driver must not get distracted while driving. Distractions and slight negligence can become the cause of taxi accidents.
- Be Extra Cautious in Hazardous Conditions: Bad weather conditions such as snow, fog, and extreme roads can cause an accident. So, drive carefully in these conditions to avoid any risks.
Taxi accidents have become common on the roads. You may be driving right on the road but won’t know what the other driver is up to. The most causes can be rash driving and drunk driving. It may cause serious injuries to the individual sitting in the car and the driver.
In addition, it creates financial, emotional, and physical pain in an individual. So, attorneys assist the sufferers on their behalf in court to get leading compensations from the insurers. If you ever go through a taxi accident, hire a taxi accident lawyer to ease the process of filing the case. Contact the Coleman Law Group for a free case evaluation or to speak to our experienced taxi accident lawyer!