Getting into an accident is one of the worst life experiences. Accidents can lead to permanent damages and even death. Were you injured in a bike accident? You might be entitled to compensation. A bike accident lawyer in St. Petersburg can help you recover damages for your injuries. You may be able to recover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We at The Coleman Law Group are a team of professionals and well experienced bike accident attorneys that can help you get justice. Call our experienced bike accident lawyer today to discuss your case.
What Are Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents?
There are many potential causes of bicycle accidents, and it can be challenging to identify the specific cause of any given accident. However, some factors tend to be more common in bicycle accidents than others. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Inexperienced or careless drivers:
Unfortunately, many drivers aren’t used to sharing the road with cyclists and may not know how to share the road safely. As a result, it can lead to carelessness or even outright hostility toward bicyclists, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Poor road conditions:
Potholes, uneven pavement, and other hazards can make it difficult for bicyclists to stay safe on the road. Therefore, bicyclists must be extra careful when road conditions are poor and watch out for potential hazards.
- Drunk or distracted driving:
Drivers influenced by drugs or alcohol or distracted by their cell phones or other things are much more likely to cause an accident. Bicyclists should be aware of these dangers and take steps to avoid them.
- Bicyclists riding at night:
It can be difficult for drivers to see cyclists riding at night, which increases the risk of an accident. Bicyclists should ensure they have proper lighting on their bikes and wear bright clothing to increase their visibility.
- Aggressive driving:
Some drivers become frustrated when they see bicyclists on the road and may act aggressively toward them. Unfortunately, it can lead to dangerous situations for the driver and the cyclist.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal options and protect your rights. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Guidelines for Bicycle Riders to Avoid Accidents
Before you hit the streets on two wheels, it’s essential to make sure you are a responsible cyclist. Here are a few tips for riding safely and respectfully in St. Petersburg:
- Ride in the designated bike lanes whenever possible. It will help keep you safe from traffic and prevent you from blocking pedestrian walkways.
- Obey all traffic laws, just as you would if you were driving a car. This includes coming to a complete stop at red lights and stop signs, yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks, and signaling when you turn or change lanes.
- Be considerate of other cyclists, pedestrians, and drivers. Remember that everyone is trying to get where they are going, and no one wants to be involved in a collision.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Always assume that drivers cannot see you and be sure to yield the right-of-way when necessary.
- Use lights at night and in low-visibility conditions. Headlights, rear reflectors, or tail lights help you stay visible to others on the road.
Following these simple tips can help make St. Petersburg a more bike-friendly city for everyone! However, accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, no matter how safely you ride. Therefore, knowing a legit and licensed bicycle attorney in St. Petersburg can help save you from a big hassle.
How a St. Petersburg Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you may be wondering what your next steps should be. The good news is that you don’t have to go through this process alone. A St. Petersburg bicycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Once your lawyer has a solid case, they will negotiate with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf. Your case may go to trial if you can’t reach an agreement. Either way, having an experienced St. Petersburg bicycle accident lawyer by your side will give you the best chance of getting the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, don’t wait to get help. Instead, you should contact a personal injury attorney today to learn more about your legal options. We at the Coleman Law Group can help you recover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Call us today to learn more about your legal options.
What Kinds of Compensation Can I Get for a Bike Accident?
As a bicycle accident victim, you are liable to claim for your:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and earning capacity;
- Medical devices or products;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Costs of transportation to and from medical appointments;
- Property damage such as cell phone, watch, glasses, helmet, etc,;
- Any other accident-related expenses;
- Punitive damages.
How Can We Help You Get Justice?
When you choose us for your accident claim, we ensure you are at peace throughout the process. Our expert and well-reputed St. Petersburg car accident lawyers manage everything from collecting evidence to counseling you through tough times.
Here is how we manage your case:
- Investigate the ground to find the culprit behind the accident
- Collecting evidence and documenting damages
- File claims with the insurance company and monitor statutes of limitations for filing lawsuits
- Retain experts when necessary to assist in the investigation and trial
- Aggressively pursue the maximum value for your injury claim
No one plans to get into a bicycle accident. But, if it happens, know that you have a trusted advocate on your side.
The St. Petersburg bicycle accident attorneys at the Coleman Law Group have extensive experience helping injured cyclists recover the compensation they deserve. We understand the unique challenges of these types of cases and know how to build a strong case on your behalf.
We also know that the aftermath of a bicycle accident can be overwhelming. You may be dealing with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, and the stress of being unable to work. That’s why we are here to help. We will handle the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
If a bicycle accident leaves you injured, don’t hesitate to contact our office. We offer free initial consultations and will be happy to answer your questions.